KICK BUTTS DAY 2018 HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, May 2nd!
If you were registered for the original date you will receive updated information about the new day and schedule. If you were not able to register for the original date and would like to attend, please contact Carly Caminiti (firstname.lastname@example.org). Can’t wait to see you there!
Kick Butts Day is a national day that raises awareness of the importance of preventing tobacco use among teens. Here in Massachusetts, over 200 youth come to Boston from around the state for activities that include:
- A leadership development training on meeting with public officials
- Face-to-face meetings with state representatives and senators
- An event and awards ceremony with MA Department of Public Health leaders, public officials and the press.
The event will be held on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 from 8:30AM – 3PM at the Massachusetts State House in Boston, MA. This event is all expenses paid including regional bus pick-up/drop-off to Boston, breakfast, lunch and materials.
Consent forms are due at time of registration. Please send completed consent forms to Jenna Carter at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE STATEWIDE YOUTH LEADERSHIP AWARD ARE NOW CLOSED.
Winners for all of the awards will be announced on Kick Butts Day!
If you have any questions please contact Carly Caminiti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Statewide Youth Leadership Award ($500)
- Statewide Youth Leadership Award: Given to a youth leader who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to promote the social norm that most youth do not smoke and who embodies what it means to be a community leader
Adult Advisor Award ($50)
- Adult Advisor Award: Given to an adult advisor who has shown an extraordinary amount of dedication to youth tobacco prevention and promoting youth voice
- There is no application for this award. The winner is chosen by The 84 staff.
Chapter Awards ($100)
- Most Outstanding Chapter Award: Given to a Chapter based on posts on their Chapter page or The 84 closed Facebook group; emails from Community Partnerships and Boards of Health that detail work done by the Chapter; activities they have done; and The 84 staff involvement with Chapter youth at trainings.
- Local Community Change Award: Given to a Chapter for demonstrating exemplary efforts in advancing local policies that reduce youth exposure to tobacco industry tactics
- Peer Outreach Award: Given to a Chapter for demonstrating exemplary efforts in reaching young people with The 84 Movement message.
- There are no applications for these awards. The winners are chosen by The 84 staff based on recommendations from Community Partnerships, Boards of Health, and internal discussion.
Don’t miss out on these two great opportunities. If you have questions please reach out to The 84 Staff!