- Where are your from?
Cromwell, CT. I moved to Boston in September 2016!
- What is your favorite food?
Chicken fajitas are my go to. And I’ve never met a pizza I didn’t like.
- What is your role with The 84 Movement?
- How did you first learn about The 84?
I was looking for part-time work in public health when I moved here to start grad school. I was lucky to stumble upon The 84, and immediately emailed Carly hoping for an interview. I’d never worked on tobacco before, but loved the idea of working with youth to spread this message. The position was originally temporary, but over a year later I am still here and working full-time!
- What is your favorite part about working with The 84?
A lot of my job involves working with our Statewide Leadership Team, and I love being able to see how they grow as young leaders. Seeing how they gain confidence in themselves and their abilities as youth advocates makes it all worth it. I learn SO much from being a part of their journeys. I also work with an incredibly supportive and close team who make coming to work a ton of fun!
- What is one thing you HAVE to have on your desk at all times?
COFFEE! And I was recently gifted a mug warmer to keep it hot all day, which has also become a staple.
- What is one of the funniest moments you have had in the office?
Definitely playing the question game at our Statewide Leadership Conference. Absolutely hilarious.
- What is one message you have for youth about their role in tobacco control?
The youth voice is louder than any other. When you speak up for change in your communities, you are truly heard and have the ability to make a making a huge difference. Never stop fighting!