Are you a leader in your Chapter looking to strengthen and grow The 84 Movement? Apply to join the Statewide Leadership Team!
The Statewide Leadership Team is a diverse group of empowered youth leaders from across Massachusetts with a desire to make change. Their mission is to inspire, lead, and unite communities across Massachusetts in the fight against the tobacco and vaping industries.
What would I do on the Statewide Leadership Team?
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with fellow team members and 84 staff
- Plan and lead statewide events like Youth Power Summit in the fall and Kick Butts Day in the spring
- Spread The 84’s messages by being ambassadors for the movement in your community
- Serve as a face of the movement through public speaking and media opportunities
- Serve as an extension of The 84 staff by providing input on programmatic decisions
- Participate in trainings on topics like tobacco, racial justice, media interviewing, public speaking, and more
- Facilitate trainings to youth and adults across the state
Want to know more about this year’s statewide leaders? Check out their bios here!
How can I join?
The 84 accepts up to 20 members of the Statewide Leadership Team each year. In order to remain a diverse team that represents the many schools and organizations involved in the movement throughout the state, the Statewide Leadership Team can only accept one member from the same Chapter, and members must reapply each year.
There are other ways to show leadership!
If you’re looking to demonstrate leadership in other ways, we recommend youth remaining involved in their Chapter by taking a lead on activities, getting involved in a mini-grant project, and attending our statewide events! In addition, your Chapter can also nominate someone for the Youth Leadership Awards, which are given out at Kick Butts Day and promoted a few months before. Contact us to learn more about ways to get your Chapter more involved.