Each year, The 84 Movement offers its Chapters the opportunity to apply for a mini-grant. If a Chapter is awarded a mini-grant, they are responsible for completing their project, presenting their findings, and managing their budget. We look forward to reading your applications then.
- Number of awards:Up to 15 Chapters of The 84 will be funded
- Funding range: $1,000-$2,000
- Overall eligibility: Applying groups must have at least 5 youth and 1 adult advisor who will work on the project, and must be registered for year 2016-2017 as an 84 Chapter at time of application. (Register your Chapter)
- Required event: Kick Butts Day on March 15, 2017 is a required event for all mini-grantees. At least 2 youth and the adult advisor must plan to attend.
Previous projects included:
- Conducting surveys about flavored tobacco use
- Conducting assessments of local tobacco retail establishments
- Creating a community map of tobacco retailers and relevant youth hangouts
- Recruiting other Chapters to join the movement
- Changing local tobacco policies
- Engaging the LGBTQ community
- Creating your own project
Mini-grant applications are currently closed. Stayed tuned for the next round which will begin in September 2017!