In order to highlight all the incredible staff, youth, adults, and Chapters who are part of The 84 Movement, we have decided to start new monthly feature posts! We will interview some of these key people to get to know them a little better.
This month our staff feature Administrative Coordinator, Jenna Carter!
- Where are you from?
- What is your favorite food?
Definitely a tie between Shepard’s Pie and tacos. Is bubble tea considered food? If so, that is also up there.
- What is your role with The 84 Movement?\
- How did you first learn about The 84?
I was working part-time administration at a temp agency and they were having a really tough time filling a position (the one I’m in now!). After weeks of sending in candidates, they turned to each other and said, “You know who might be good for this position? Jenna.” Then they turned to me and I was all in!
- What is your favorite part about working with The 84?
Definitely my coworkers. Everyone is so supportive and open-minded. I really appreciate the individual personalities and humor amongst our staff.
- What is one thing you HAVE to have on your desk at all times?
My tea cup that looks like Chip from Beauty and the Beast. He gives me hope.
- What is one of the funniest moments you have had in the office?
One of the funniest moment’s I’ve had in the office was when we were practicing a song and dance for one of the HRiA winter parties. Carly (The 84’s Project Manager) re-wrote lyrics to Adele’s “Hello”, and I could never keep a straight face, especially when we performed it in front of the entire organization.
- What is one message you have for youth about their role in tobacco control?
Youth voices and action really are so important. It may sometimes feel like you’re not making a difference, but I promise you, you are. We’re here to support you every step of the way!